The New Zealand Institute of Primary Industry Management (NZIPIM) is the national professional membership organisation representing the interests of approximately 1,300 members from a diverse range of rural professionals operating within the New Zealand primary industry. This includes farm management advisors, rural bankers, farm accountants, fertiliser consultants, rural valuers, agribusiness service providers, CRIs, universities, and representatives from industry good organisations.
NZIPIM has the following three core strategic objectives:
- Equip - Equipping members to have successful careers & businesses in delivering effective and highly valued services to support their clients and lead change across a breadth of rapidly changing primary sector issues.
- Engage - Creating a strong and mutually supportive environment to enable members to connect with other rural professionals and industries, share knowledge and grow professionally.
- Influence - Representing the interests of members to industry, government and the public on significant issues that directly affect rural professionals.
NZIPIM is recognized as the leading professional body for rural professional capability, qualifications, and ethics, and works with government, industry, and other groups to promote its standards and views. The Institute is represented by 10 branches throughout the country.
The Board are responsible for strategic insight and governance to ensure the growth and delivery of enhanced value to the membership base. Noting the dynamic environment of Government policy and legislation will directly impact rural professionals and their clients.
The member-elected Board are seeking an Independent Director who contributes:
- Thought leadership and challenge in regards the ongoing education and professional development of members.
- Knowledge and insight on regulatory frameworks, changes in legislation, and their potential impact on the primary sector.
- Understanding of the role of mātauranga Māori in governance and the relevance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Experience in creating collaborative, diverse and inclusive membership associations.
- Commercial mindset and experience in growing successful businesses.
- Understanding of, and well established networks in, the primary sector.
This is a unique governance opportunity with a professional membership body in arguably New Zealand’s most important industry sector. This is your chance to be fully engaged in some of the most challenging issues facing the nation’s primary sector. NZIPIM is in very good shape, is very well respected and with a recently appointed, passionate and energetic Chief Executive, is well positioned to grow.
Please note that this is an Independent Director role so is open to non-members only, therefore we are requesting that members share with their contacts as appropriate. For further information and in strict confidence, please apply enclosing your CV with a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.