The New Zealand Institute of Primary Industry Management (NZIPIM) is the peak industry body for the rural profession. A core purpose of the organisation is to build the capability and capacity of rural professionals within New Zealand.
We have over 1,000 members from a diverse range of occupations, including; farm management advisors, rural bankers, farm accountants, fertiliser consultants, rural valuers, representatives from industry good organisations, CRIs, universities, and agribusiness service providers. In addition to this, we also have 300 university student members involved in agricultural related courses.
Our five strategic platforms include:
- Thought Leadership - Providing our members and industry with significant insights to drive on-farm change and challenge current thinking.
- Professional Development - Developing and supporting professional development programmes that build the capability of members and are aligned with their career aspirations.
- Growing NZIPIM's branches - Providing networking opportunities and have scale and reach to roll out regional and national programmes to undertake extension based activities to members.
- Building Constructive Partnerships - Building strategic partnerships with agribusiness, universities and government agencies that can co-ordinate on pan-industry issues and strengthen relationships with rural professionals
- Career Development - Promoting career opportunities within the rural profession and primary industry
For a summary of NZIPIM's 2015-2019 Strategic Plan click here