Why should you become certified?
Benefits of being certified under NZIPIM's Dairy Farm Systems Certification Scheme
- Demonstrates your knowledge and competency in the provision of farm systems advice to your farming clients and the dairy industry;
- Provides professional development opportunities where skill gaps have been identified as part of the assessment process;
- Enables junior farm systems consultants to develop and support a training pathway to build their knowledge base;
- Opportunities to leverage credentials as being certified into new and expanding business areas within the primary industry;
- Includes you in a referral network (including preferential contracting) within NZIPIM, DairyNZ, regional councils and other groups seeking farm systems expertise; and
- Demonstrates that you have met required certification standards in: Consulting Skills; Financial Management; Dairy Production Systems and Grazing Management; Reproductive Performance, Growing Young Stock and Animal Evaluation; Animal Husbandry, Health and Welfare; Environmental Management and Regulations; Milking Cows; Farm People Management; Health and Safety; and Whole Farm Assessment and Planning.
Benefits to the farming community
The Dairy Farm Systems Certification Scheme can provide the farming community confidence in:
- Certified individuals' competency and skill base within dairy farm systems which have been independently assessed during the certification process;
- Certified individuals' are recognised by the industry's professional body as having successfully completed the certification process; and
- Certified individuals' are proactive in keeping their knowledge base up to date through professional development and training opportunities provided under the scheme.